news / updates
History of the Process for the Ghost Player Project
Joe Scherrman is the owner of DreamCatcher Production LLC. DreamCatcher is a small video production company experienced in shooting, editing and production of quality video. Besides the video production company Mr. Scherrman has over 30 years experience in sales, promotions and marketing. This experience comes from managing division of Scherrman’s Implement and Appliance Inc. in Dyersville, Iowa. He is a stockholder and board member of this tightly held corporation. He is a founder & board member of the Great River Film Initiative. Joe has also been a board member of the Dyersville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Dyersville Commercial Club Park. Mr. Scherrman received the Wizard of Oz Award for his behind the scene support of the local communities.
- 2001 is the earliest date on notes about starting the Ghost Play project.
- 2004 Started DreamCatcher Production (DCP), video taping weddings and other events. Joined film organizations and dove in deep learning the craft of filmmaking.
- 2006 DCP was assigned the EIN #20-5345995.
- 2007 Ghost Player LLC (GP) was formed to produce and own the Ghost Player project, EIN # 26-2430316. GP hired DCP to be the vendor for all aspects of production.
- 2008 The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque (CFGD) partnered with GP.
Received grants from the State Historical Society and Department of Cultural Affairs
Signed the Iowa Department of Economic Development contract for tax incentives.
- 2009 Investors came on board.
Started screening the movie nation wide for critique to help improve the movie in order to enhance distribution chances.
Iowa Public Television and Wisconsin Public Television aired the program.
- 2010 Distribution plans proceed and webisodes are in development.