news / updates
Where we are at as of 2.4.09
- Negotiating with investors on contract.
- Three editors are getting set up to reduce the amount of video to bring into studio.
- Studio has set aside time to assemble and edit starting the end of Feb. with hopes to have rough cuts third week in March. 50 minute show in the first part of April.
- Researching license music from Kevin Costner Modern West
- Researching license footage from movie Field of Dreams
- Researching E&O insurance
- Researching distribution/broadcast/sponsors
- Researching Outreach Program
- Preparing for additional interviews to be shot in Hi-Definition
Archive & Footage
- The footage is approximately 90 percent logged and archived.
- Hard-drive: 4 Terabyte External Hard Drive on RAID 1 mirrored drive enclosures (duplicated and store in two different locations)
- Software: Frameline 47 - archive / logging software built around the use of MPEG-7 metadata
Description of what's on the hard drive:
- Number of files: 9,500 so far
- Amount of gigabytes used: 1.5 Terabytes so far
Format: DV Quicktime with MPEG-7 metadata (stored in each media file as well as external database)
General description of quality of picture: poor to very good
General description of quality of audio: OK to good
General description of subject material: 20 years and 200+ hours of "home video" of the activities and travels of the Ghost Players.
Categories in the files
There are hundred of keywords and other indicators in use; here's a general breakdown of the types of information:
- of Ghost Players
- other ball players
- other major "roles"
Ghost Player activities
- exhibition games
- baseball clinics
- comedy routines
- camera tapes, outside sources
- edited material
- broadcast segment
- Field of Dreams footage
- Field of Dreams
- military base
- facility name
- airport, hotel, bar, restaurant, etc.
- date in most cases
- TOD in some cases
- source tape format
- source tape reference number
- source timecode when available
Quality coding: 1-5 stars for quality and potential for use
Companies That Have Showed Interest
- MLB Network
- ComCast Sports
- Public Television
- MLB Hall of Fame